What is Backup & Restore¶
Backup & Restore (BR for short) is a Command-Line Interface (CLI) tool to back up data of graph spaces of Nebula Graph and to restore data from the backup files.
The BR has the following features. It supports:
- Backing up and restoring data in a one-click operation.
- Restoring data in the following backup file types:
- Local Disk (SSD or HDD). It is recommend to use local disk in test environment only.
- Amazon S3 compatible interface, such as Alibaba Cloud OSS, MinIO,Ceph RGW, etc.
- Backing up and restoring the entire Nebula Graph cluster.
- Backing up data of specified graph spaces (experimental).
- Supports Nebula Graph v3.1.0 only.
- Supports full backup, but not incremental backup.
- Currently, Nebula Listener and full-text indexes do not support backup.
- Backup and restore are supported when there is only one metad process configured in the local file.
- If you back up data to the local disk, the backup files will be saved in the local path of each server. You can also mount the NFS on your host to restore the backup data to a different host.
- The backup graph space can be restored to the original cluster only. Cross clusters restoration is not supported.
- During the backup process, both DDL and DML statements in the specified graph spaces are blocked. We recommend that you do the operation within the low peak period of the business, for example, from 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM.
- Supports restoration of data on clusters of the same topologies only, which means both clusters must have exactly the same number of hosts.
- We recommend that you restore the data OFFLINE because it requires removing the data and restart the service.
- If you backup data of a specified graph space in cluster A, the backup files CAN NOT be restored to cluster B. Restore specified graph space will delete all other graph space in the cluster. (experimental).
How to use BR¶
To use the BR, follow these steps:
Last update: April 26, 2022