What is Backup & Restore¶
Backup & Restore (BR for short) is a Command-Line Interface (CLI) tool to back up data of graph spaces of NebulaGraph and to restore data from the backup files.
The BR has the following features. It supports:
- Backing up and restoring data in a one-click operation.
- Restoring data in the following backup file types:
- Local Disk (SSD or HDD). It is recommend to use local disk in test environment only.
- Amazon S3 compatible interface, such as Alibaba Cloud OSS, MinIO,Ceph RGW, etc.
- Backing up and restoring the entire NebulaGraph cluster.
- Backing up data of specified graph spaces (experimental).
- Supports NebulaGraph v3.2.0 only.
- Supports full backup, but not incremental backup.
- Currently, NebulaGraph Listener and full-text indexes do not support backup.
- If you back up data to the local disk, the backup files will be saved in the local path of each server. You can also mount the NFS on your host to restore the backup data to a different host.
- During the backup process, both DDL and DML statements in the specified graph spaces are blocked. We recommend that you do the operation within the low peak period of the business, for example, from 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM.
- The backup graph space can be restored to the original cluster only. Cross clusters restoration is not supported. Make sure the number of hosts in the cluster is not changed. Restoring a specified graph space will delete all other graph spaces in the cluster.
- We recommend that you restore the data OFFLINE because it requires removing the data and restart the service.
How to use BR¶
To use the BR, follow these steps:
Last update: February 19, 2024